08 June 2009

new green

A small shoot of green pushing up through the damp, potted earth was all zhe needed to change the day. The Sisyphean day job nearly had broken hir, but this one little bit of life that zhe had been watching for for nearly twenty days cracked the wear-worn visage that had become every day's accessory. It was just a little bit better. Here was something to watch grow, to nurture, to distract. A folded stem slowly rolling into the sun. Becoming itself, the plant entered the future microcosmic circle of life that would filled hir apartment. Zhe longed for a backyard in which to create a garden, but for today, this shy bit of green would do.

I have not killed off all of my plants yet, and actually my tomato is doing quite well. I just seem to have a special knack for killing off basil, but I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment