25 June 2009

someday

I'm going to go to Rome. While there, I'm going to meet a beautiful, intelligent Brazilian. We will hit it off right away and be joined at the hip, wink wink, for the rest of the trip. There will be tears and heartbreak when we say goodbye. We will both think that this is it. That we'll be lucky a thousand times over if we ever find what we had with each other. But it's not over. We won't be able to resist each other. We'll maintain a long distance relationship for a few months. I'll hop a plane to see her on a whim. She'll return with me. We'll be in disgusting, domestic bliss until I graduate. With my degree in hand, I will land a job in Brazil. She will have made me fluent in both Portuguese and Spanish by then. I will be very successful at my job. Her dancing and acting career will take off. She'll help me get my novel published. After five years, we'll relocate to New York. The city will have changed. We will have changed. But this is where we belong. And where we'll stay.

That's a helluva plan.

Of course it is. Step one now, book the ticket to Italy.

Dreams! Aspirations! Hopes! Goals! They are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment