10 June 2009

worthy cause

it was time for a break. she had worked herself nearly sick. time to let herself stop. time to let herself rest. time to let herself heal. the world would move on; she could grow in this stasis. she feared being forgotten and becoming worthless. if she stopped moving would her life lose its meaning? was this pause something weak in her? this plague of thoughts infected the decision, but it was made. she would let herself be. she would trust that a future was there for her, waiting.

Melissa McEwan over at Shakesville is taking a break. You can read the reason there. I used this as the impetus to start exploring why I feel that I cannot allow myself to stop or to slow down, that I need to be a perpetual motion activist machine and give away every spare moment I have. Like she has done so many times since I started reading her blog, Melissa McEwan has caused me to think and examine my world. What I have learned now is: I am a worthy cause. My physical and mental health are deserving of my time and efforts. Thank you to Shakesville's blogmistress for her work and for having the strength to take a break. All In.

No comments:

Post a Comment