27 January 2009

let me sleep

The muffled roll pierced the window and invaded her sleeping ear. that quick intake of breath coincided with the opening eyes. For the love. the bass vibrated the glass and eher blurred eyes saw 2:00 loud and red on the digital alarm clock. One minute later the watch beeped two quick beeps. She could never get it to stay on time. Three lours left to sleep. The car stereo serenaded the street and crumbled her of more unconciousness. Why hadn't they left? The green traffic light coloured her wall. Jaw tightened, shoulders tensed. Through the blinds, two people making out. Couldn't they do that without a soundtrack? Jesus. She contemplated yelling at them or throwing an empty beer bottle at the car but decided on cursing under her breath and letting her blood pressure rise.

Yes, this happened to me. Yes, I decided to just be angry rather than actually do anything. Yes, I still do that sometimes. Yes, it makes me angrier that I do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment