29 July 2009

how to change your life in eight hours

I have never felt this good in my life, friends. I have been down, kicked around, spat upon, and all by my own doing. I have sinned. I have sinned. I have sinned against myself, against my fellow people, against the world. I have sinned in my thoughts and in my actions. I've been bad, friends. I have been to the edge, but I am back. There is a redeemer! A secret to changing your life! And that secret is ... sleep. Friends, there ain't nothing that can change your world like a good night's sleep. You have to commit, commit to those 8 hours. That's not a lot. Sleep ain't asking for your whole day. Eight hours, friends, to be a better person. Now I've been there. I've been out into the wee hours. I've been lost in the drinking and the drugs and the sex. I've stumbled home as the sun came up, and I've gone to work still drunk. I've been lost in that hazy woods. There is a way out. Sleep. Lay down your burdens! Give your problems over to that little death, and you will be reborn! Amen.

I did not get my whole 8 hours (Humidity!), but I definitely feel like a different person from yesterday. Damn, I was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment