31 December 2008

a pre-enactment

A
Hi! I'm _____, and I work with the Political Action Group of PPNYC.

B
I'm anti-choice. I hate PPNYC.

A
Oh, I'm sorry. Hey, did you know that being anti-choice sucks?

B
It does?! What?! No wonder I'm so angry! Can you tell me how to suck less?

A
Absolutely! First, I would start by taking off that fugly McCain pin.

B
But I like McCain!

A
McCain farts when he walks.

B
Oh crap! Get this off of me!

A
There you go.

B
Wow. That's amazing. The sky is blue again! Tell me more.

A
Well, as a pro-choice person, you get to hate people less and see the good in the world. As a volunteer, I get to change lives by telling people of the magic powers of pro-choicery.

B
Ooooo

A
Yeah. We help raise money to support pro-choice candidates and educate voters about important legislation like the Healthy Teens Act and the Reproductive Health Act.

B
That sounds difficult.

A
Not at all. It is work, but it's envigorating work. And we make it fun!

B
What else do you do?

A
We travel. To places like: Albany

B
Oooo

A
and Pennslyvania

B
Exotic

A
and Ohio.

B
I don't even know what that is!

A
With us, you will. And you'll get to help people and legislators stay informed about our issues.

B
That's awesome. Where do I sign up?

A
Right here. Congratulations. You are now well on your way to being a happy, healthy, pro-choice person.

B
Thank you, Planned Parenthood, for helping me get over being a shithead. I'll never go back down that road again! I love you, PPNYC!

A
And we love you.

A&B
The Political Action Group: We make you awesome!

After a million phonebanks and with a new group of activists about to be introduced to the several groups in the Activist Council, I had a loopy moment and wrote this script to introduce them to the Political Action Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment