25 September 2009

subway debates

On a semi-crowded subway car at the end of the day.

A1
Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen! I am not asking for money. I don't need money. I need healthcare, so I want to know: what do you think about health care reform? Miss? Miss? Sir? Anyone? Anyone with an opinion? With some knowledge to pass on? Sir? Ma'am?

A2
Healthcare reform without a public option is bullshit. We need single payor at the least, but we're probably going to end up with something worse than what we have if we end up with anything at all.

C1
Oh, please. We need people to work for their healthcare, instead of bums like this chick trying to get me to pay for it. Get a job!

A1
Actually, I have three jobs. I'm in two unions. I still don't have insurance.

C2
Me either. I work 30 hours a week, so my boss doesn't have to give me insurance.

C1
Get a different job.

C2
Right, because there are so many out there and we aren't seeing record numbers of unemployment.

If you know anything about Invisible Theatre, you probably get the idea here.

No comments:

Post a Comment